The Green Flash Treasure Chest Fest 2017 was this past weekend. It was our first year attending this awesome event that donates all the proceeds to breast cancer research through Susan G. Koman San Diego. It was amazing to see so many people come out to the Green Flash Cellar 3 location in Poway to support such a great cause. Everyone attending the event seemed to have a great time, minus the crazy heat! Luckily, we had plenty of beer to help keep us all cool.
- The Albino – Ale with coffee and cocoa
- GFB with Blackberry and Ginger – Blonde Ale with blackberry and ginger
- Neapolitan Willy Vanilly – Wheat ale with vanilla, cocoa & Strawberry
- Treasure Chest with Guava – IPA with guava and passion fruit
Favorite Beer + Food Pairings
- GFB with Blackberry & Ginger paired with Alpine Beer Company Pub candied smoked fish canapes with a citrus slaw.
- Fruity Beach Saison-Style Ale brewed with Mango & Plum paired with Green Flash Gastro coconut milk ceviche with caramelized stone fruit and habanero.
- The Albino Ale with coffee and cocoa paired with Nomad Donuts orange infused custard chocolate coconut glaze.
- Alpine Willy with lemons paired with Tom Ham’s Lighthouse lemon dusted seared scallops, guajillo grits, andouille sausage, micro celery.
Meet the Brewers hosted by SD Beer Talk
Brewmaster, Erik Jensen and the crew were on site for an interactive Q & A session, hosted by SD Beer Talk Radio. The popular craft beer podcast broadcasted live from the fest. You can listen to their podcast HERE.
Jorge Pacheco Cartoons & Illustrations
Jorge was drawing amazing caricatures of those who attended during the event. We personally loved the caricature that he did of us, and we hope to see him around at other beer events around town. Learn more about him HERE.
To check out more photos from this event, check out our Facebook Album. We had an amazing time at this event, and we can’t wait to attend next year. If you are a fan of this event, you should also check out Paired at Great American Beer Festival, which you can learn more about HERE. It is a very similar concept at a much larger scale. Cheers!
About The Treasure Chest Program:
Established in 2011 by Green Flash Co-Founder and breast cancer survivor Lisa Hinkley, Treasure Chest is an annual fundraising program to raise money for breast cancer charities. Each year, the brewery releases a limited-edition beer and hosts events from coast to coast. The program has raised over $330,000 for Prevent Cancer at the national level as well as regionally for Susan G Komen San Diego and Susan G Komen Tidewater (Virginia Beach, VA).
For more information on Susan G. Koman San Diego, please visit their: